Director of Success for All Families – Episcopal News Service
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, located on South St. in Morristown, NJ, is a welcoming, vibrant, and historic church within the Episcopal Diocese of Newark. Our two programs for local families started in 2012 (VBS) and 2014 (Afterschool on South).
St. Peter’s is seeking a full-time Director for an exceptional, well-established set of state-licensed programs. Afterschool on South serves PreK-7 children attending the Morris School District. The center is licensed for 81 children and has 7 classrooms and a large outdoor lawn play area. Children are transported to the center by the Morris School District and picked up at 6:00 p.m. The VBS (Vacation Bible School) operates for six weeks in the summer with counselors and volunteers. The director is a member of the staff of Saint-Pierre and is supervised by the rector of the parish,
- 3 to 5 years Experience working with elementary and/or middle school children.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or an education-related field.
- Min. 1 year of experience in managing and supervising staff.
- Must pass a CHRI (Criminal History Background Check), fingerprint and CARI (Child Abuse Record Information) check.
- Strong leadership and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- The director must obtain current certification in CPR, AED and first aid before hiring.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and personal automobile insurance.
- Speaking Spanish is a plus.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Hiring and supervision of staff for both programs.
- Adhere to and maintain all standards and requirements of the NJ State Requirements Manual for Daycare.
- Prepare and follow the budget
- Set program fees, record and process payments
- Work with the state to process documents related to families receiving state funding
- Manage staff payroll
- Maintain good communication with the parish financial officer
- Submit grant applications as needed to fund programs
- Responsible for curriculum planning for additional activities.
- Order supplies and materials needed for all programs.
- Work with teachers to plan and provide age-appropriate activities for children.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for students and staff.
- Attend required training programs, meet professional development hours required for this position, train staff – new hires, church safety training and annual trainings as required.
- Maintain all required records for students and staff.
- Advertise and recruit students for the program.
- Maintain relationships with parents and families to support students.
- Recruit, train and supervise staff.
- Maintain an appropriate social media presence regarding program activities and special events. (Get parental permission before posting students to the program on social media or for use in publicity materials.)
- Keep parent and staff manual(s) up to date.
- When possible, with parental permission, communicate with teachers and advocate for students.
- Maintain a relationship with the Morristown School District Transportation Department to arrange student transportation to bus stops.
- Provide a monthly report to the rector.
- Assist parents with child care, communications and attendance subsidy program registration, etc., so that reimbursement is sent to the program in a timely manner.
Specificities of the Afterschool on South program:
The program follows the MSD schedule and opens half days and early days off early to accommodate parents. When MSD closes due to inclement weather, AOS will welcome students from the buses and close at 2:00 p.m.
Work Hours: MF 7:30am – 6:00pm (alternate hours with other staff for early morning drop off and after school pick up). Note: Morning care may or may not be available depending on the number of registrations.
VBS specifics (Vacation Bible School)
- The program runs from 9 am to 4 pm MF for 6 weeks during the summer.
- Working hours start before the program.
- Childcare is available for parents after the day of the program until 5:00 p.m.
- This is a six-week biblical and educational enrichment program for students entering classrooms. K-7, with a before and after treatment option.
- Create a mentor/counsellor training program for 14-17 year olds.
- Daily program requirements: chapel, Bible study, music, arts and crafts, sports, swimming, computer/technology or other activities of interest.
- Provide staff with pre-camp health and safety training.
- Responsible for planning the program, creating a camp schedule and organizing field trips.
- Advertise programs in appropriate places.
Salary scale and benefits: This is a full-time exempt position
- Salary: $47,000
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Care, Life and Disability Insurance, Pension, Paid Vacation and Annual Leave
Comments are closed.