New PayPal ‘Super App’ Gives Consumers a Suite of Personal Finance Features – TechCrunch
To deliver a summary of TechCrunch’s most important and important stories to your inbox daily at 3:00 p.m. PDT Subscribe here..
Hello from the first day of Disrupt. I stopped seeing the Battlefield companies pitching. See below for more details. – To write this for you. Confuse Smooth and impressive very TechCrunch so far.
I think it’s a cliché, but I’m incredibly proud of what the TechCrunch team did at this year’s main event. A big hug on TechCrunch Event team, NOT. Sales team, NOT. Technical team, Editor When All the others This makes this post work, but you don’t see it.
Well, the news! – – Alexis
TechCrunch Top 3
- Matthew brings his new iPhone to Disneyland: If you’re curious about what the Platonic ideals of Matthew Panzalino’s message are, that’s it. Trousers Our editor, one of the Apple critics, a photographer and a Disney fan. So he put them all together and put them together for some real testing on the latest flagship iPhone. amusing!
- A Gig employee protests on Instacart: The history of the big boycotts of the gigwork platform is uneven in terms of impact, but that doesn’t stop thousands of Instacart buyers from speaking out as a group. The Gig Workers Collective says, “Customers should refrain from reinstalling the app until all five requirements are met. These requests include higher default tips and fee changes.
- PayPal is rolling out a financial “super app”. SuperAppli is similar to other apps, but full of features. Perhaps best known as a major digital player in various Asian economies, PayPal is keen to bring this model to the United States. The new Super Duper Excellence app includes TechCrunch reports on “direct deposits, bill payments, digital wallets, peer-to-peer payments, shopping tools, crypto features, and more.”
Startup / VC
Start with plenty of Battlefield businesses, starting by launching with Disrupt earlier today.
And there was everything else:
Seth Rogen explains how leafy plants promote cannabis without breaking the rules
Many celebrities turn their personal interests into business interests. Ryan Reynolds owns Aviation Gin, Jessica Alba founds The Honest Company, a non-toxic products startup, and George Clooney makes $ 1 billion selling his tequila company. You’ll have it.
This year, actor Seth Rogen co-founded Houseplant, which sells pottery, cannabis and related accessories.
“At this point, we sell housewares in all 50 states,” says Rogen. “This is us. We build relationships and trust with our customers where weeds are not yet legal.
In a conversation with TechCrunch Disrupt Editor Matt Burns, Rogen, CEO Mike Mohr and Commercial Director Haneen Davies discussed the challenges of building a brand in a tightly regulated environment.
“I think the fusion of houseplants will help establish a brand name that goes beyond the boundaries you have to follow to convey cannabis,” Davis said.
(Extra Crunch is our membership program that helps founders and start-up teams move forward. You can register here..)
Big Tech Co., Ltd.
- Facebook’s product response to a really bad week is a battery-powered portal. Indeed, the WSJ makes Facebook look devious at best, and at worst, spreads information that seems pretty boring. But that doesn’t stop the Facebook hardware team from releasing new gear.
- Roblox presents New Age Check: This is optional, but the move is probably a bit late and overall smart. Roblox is a gaming platform that kids love. Children need protection. Here is some!
- The old Yahoo Tumblr is moving subscription products to open beta: Ah, Yahoo. In another life (repeat?) Yahoo was busy starting companies of all kinds. Tumblr is one of those companies that let the mint drop. Tumblr is now owned by Automattic after being sold by Verizon. Verizon then sold the remaining media assets (including TechCrunch) to a private equity firm. Regardless, Tumblr’s commitment to the Creator Economy is currently in open beta. amusing.
- Amazon Updates Kindle Paperwhite: It surprised us, but Amazon’s Kindle line just received an updated SKU. The new Paperwhite has a large display, a slim bezel and can be charged via USB-C.
TechCrunch Experts: Growth Marketing
Are you catching up on last week’s growth marketing coverage? If not, read it here..
TechCrunch wants to recommend growth marketers with expertise in SEO, social, content creation, and more. If you are a growth marketer give this Research With your customers; I would like to ask why they liked working with you.
New PayPal ‘Super App’ Gives Consumers a Suite of Personal Finance Features – TechCrunch Source link New PayPal ‘Super App’ Gives Consumers a Suite of Personal Finance Features – TechCrunch