Policygenius December 2021 Home Insurance Review • Benzinga
While Policygenius does not offer a fully online experience, it can be a good first step if you are in the early stages of finding home insurance. The Policygenius quote request tool is straightforward and even provides you with suggestions if you are unsure of the components in your home.
It also allows you to view estimates for home insurance only and home insurance combined with auto insurance. However, you’ll need to schedule a call with a Policygenius agent before you can explore all of your insurance options, which can be annoying for homeowners just interested in comparing prices.
Policygenius is not in itself an insurance provider. Rather, it is an online platform that allows you to quickly compare insurance options between providers. Policygenius currently allows you to find quotes for:
- Car insurance
- Home insurance
- Car insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Tenant insurance
- Wills and Trusts Online
- Pet insurance
- Vision insurance
- Jewelry insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Travel insurance
In addition to the quote comparison tools, Policygenius also offers a comprehensive set of insurance guides that can help you learn a bit more about what to look for in a policy.
Policygenius also offers a home insurance cost calculator to estimate what you might pay based on where you live and where you live, as well as a tool to find bundles and discounts when you buy your home insurance and automobile together.
Policygenius offers 3 unique methods that you can use to get in touch with their customer service team.
- Live Chat: You can connect with Policygenius experts online by clicking on the icon labeled Live Chat at the bottom of the home page. Live chat services are monitored from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST Monday through Friday. If you leave a message when the live chat is not actively monitored, a representative will contact you the next business day for assistance.
- Call: To contact the Policygenius team by phone, call 1-855-695-2255. Telephone support is available 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
- E-mail: If you prefer to leave a message to the Policygenius team via email, you can send a message to [email protected]
The average price for a home insurance policy in the United States is $ 1,249 per year, but how does that compare to the insurance search feature offered by Policygenius?
The following is the most affordable home insurance policy available for a home in Pennsylvania with $ 250,000 in housing coverage, $ 125,000 in personal property coverage and $ 300,000 in personal property coverage. liability cover.
Policygenius cited a lower than average rate via its comparison tool for a homeowner in Pennsylvania.
Although Policygenius provided a quote below the national average, the company does not notify users which insurer offered the lowest quote. In order to finalize the quote and explore additional quotes beyond the lowest bid, customers should schedule a call with a Policygenius representative.
Users enjoy a number of benefits when working with Policygenius to collect quotes before purchasing an insurance policy. Here are some of the benefits of using Policygenius:
- Instant quote comparisons: The biggest advantage of Policygenius is that instead of looking for insurance quotes individually by requesting a quote from each supplier, customers can complete a single request and view multiple quotes from competing companies. This not only saves you time, but can also expose you to additional insurance providers that you didn’t know had home insurance in your area.
- Adjustable quotes: As you fill out your home insurance quote, you might find that you’re not sure how much of each type of coverage you need. After receiving your quote, Policygenius allows you to go back to previous questions to adjust your coverage levels or your home details without starting a whole new quote. This allows you to balance costs and coverage by comparing the prices of multiple combinations of policies.
- Impartial advice: Policygenius is not affiliated with or owned by any individual home insurance provider. This means that the representatives you consult with before purchasing your insurance have no incentive to prioritize certain insurers over others, thus providing you with unbiased advice when choosing coverage. It also means employees don’t have an incentive to sell you blankets you don’t really need.
Policygenius’ quote tool offers a comprehensive and user-friendly user experience, especially for those who have never applied for home insurance before. The process begins when you complete an online questionnaire, which is streamlined, simple and straightforward.
After answering a few questions about your home and yourself and anyone living in the home with you, Policygenius will collect quotes on your behalf, offering you the lowest rates. You’ll even be asked to list your home’s security features, like fire extinguishers and burglary systems, so Policygenius can automatically apply discounts to your estimates.
Confused about what type of roofing or heating system is in your home? Policygenius’ Quote Tool will make suggestions based on common building standards where you live.
While Policygenius’ home insurance quote tool is easy to use, it does not provide a fully online solution. Policygenius does not reveal which insurance company offered you your best rate, and you cannot research additional quotes until you schedule a call with a representative.
This can be inconvenient for homeowners who are just looking to compare affordable rates online, or who are not yet ready to commit to a policy.
You cannot search for additional quotes beyond your lowest bid until you schedule a call with a Policygenius representative.
By clicking on the providers listed under your lowest rate, you are taken to each insurance company’s website, where you will be asked to complete a quote through that insurance provider’s system. In many cases, this requires entering certain information that you have already provided when making your Policygenius quote, which is against the interests of the system.
Policygenius vs. Competitors
Policygenius has implemented a number of unique protocols that set it apart from other insurance markets.
- Access to several types of insurance: Many online insurance marketplaces focus on providing quotes for one type of insurance. Policygenius offers quote tools for everything from life insurance to disability insurance, which can be especially handy if you need to purchase multiple insurance coverages beyond home insurance.
- Human support when you need it: Instead of outsourcing customer service to robotic tools like some other markets, Policygenius offers you several methods you can use to connect with a human member of the team. Best of all, Policygenius gives you free connections with licensed insurance agents – so you know the advice you receive is accurate.
- Bundle integrated with quotation tools: One of the most common ways to save money on home insurance is to combine it with an auto insurance policy. Policygenius’ Quote Tool lets you make bundling a part of your search for the right home insurance.
Getting started with Policygenius
Whatever type of insurance you’re looking for, there’s a good chance Policygenius will be able to help you with your search. Explore Policygenius’ comprehensive online tools and educational guides before purchasing a policy to learn more about the coverage you may need.
You can also begin your research by viewing Benzinga’s summary of the best home insurance providers here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Policygenius make money?
How does Policygenius make money?
Policygenius operates as an independent insurance broker, which means that it receives a commission for every insurance policy it sells. Commissions are already included in the listed price you see, so you won’t pay any hidden charges down the road if you find the right coverage through Policygenius.
Does Policygenius sell insurance?
Does Policygenius sell insurance?
Policygenius itself does not sell insurance. Instead, the company acts as an insurance marketplace, helping you compare quotes from multiple competing companies.