Public comment on Cobb County’s 2040 Comprehensive Plan is open until July 29
Cobb County has released the following announcement regarding the deadline for public comment on the Cobb County 2040 Comprehensive Plan Update:
Raise your voice as Cobb County plans for the future! The Community Development Agency is accepting public comments until Friday, July 29 on the five-year update to the 2040 Global Plan. The 2040 Global Plan is a community-designed, long-term growth strategy that will continue to make Cobb County an attractive place to invest, do business and raise a family. This update was launched on October 12, 2021. The five-year update is mandated by the State of Georgia and ensures that the plan’s current needs, goals, and policies are always relevant. After an extensive program of community engagement, a draft of the five-year update is available for review and comment.
You can view the plan online at www.cobbcounty.org/comp-plan and select the “Draft Updated 2040” drop-down list to view the main document and appendices. Proposed land use changes are also available for review and are subject to change based on feedback. To submit your comments, please email [email protected]
What has already happened in the planning process?
The following steps have already taken place.
- January 24, 2022; virtual meeting; County wide
- February 3, 2022; virtual meeting; District 4
- February 10, 2022; virtual meeting; District 3
- February 24, 2022; virtual meeting; District 2
- March 3, 2022; West Cobb Senior Center; District 1
Community Open Houses:
- April 18, 2022; Cobb County Civic Center; County wide
- April 21, 2022; Tim D. Lee Senior Center; District 3
- April 25, 2022; South Cobb Community Center; District 4Page 11 of 389 Apr 28, 2022; West Cobb Senior Center; District 1
- May 5, 2022; Windy Hill Community Center; District 2
- December 16, 2021; Parks administration building
- January and February 2022; Stakeholder interviews (virtual)
- October 12, 2021; To start up
- June 28, 2022; Notify the community of the public review
- July 26, 2022; Notify community of submission to Regional Development Center for review
What happens next?
The deadline for the Cobb Board of Commissioners to adopt the plan and submit it to the Atlanta Regional Commission is September 12, 2022. Failure to meet this deadline could jeopardize the county’s qualified local government status, which is the mechanism by which Cobb County is eligible for federal government.
and state funding.
Once the CRA reviews the plan, it will return to the Cobb County Board of Commissioners for adoption.